Having an education animal is a big expense!
* In March 2019 a fantastic outdoor enclosure was built for Stuart so he can get exercise and enjoy natural lighting. The cost to have it built was $1,200! (don't tell my husband)
* There are state and federal licensing fees.
* Stuart needs routine veterinary care to keep him healthy.
* Stuart needs vitamins and supplements to keep his bones strong and his body in fine opossum form.
* Stuart eats A LOT!
* Stuart needs enrichment items and things to keep him busy.
* Stuart needs treats and special snacks to reward him for being a good boy and for helping to teach people about his species.
* Program fees also cover gas and wear and tear on the Stuart-transportation device (i.e my truck).
(Did I mention he eats A LOT?)